Thursday, June 07, 2012

My Teacher

Many people in my life have influenced me in my career as an educator. Debbie, my constant supporter. My dad, the one who encouraged me to be an administrator. Dale Neal, my college basketball coach, who instilled a work ethic that has helped me throughout my life. But the one who made the greatest impact on me becoming a teacher was Mary Landreth. Mary was my teacher in the education department at Newman University in Wichita. Mary taught me how to teach. Mary showed us that kids are #1 before anything else in education. She not only told us, but she showed us by her care and compassion she had for her students. I fell in love with Mary in 1982. My love for her increases every passing school year. Mary continues to call me at the start of the year and as the year concludes. Why? Because she continues to be my teacher. Thank you Mary for your support, encouragement and love you have given me. As John Wooden stated, "you ask me why I teach, where could I find such splendid company." God bless you Mary!

No comments:

Christmas 2018 in Las Vegas and Texas