Friday, September 19, 2008

Ready to Quit?

The mother of Titans, quarterback Vince Young, said he indicated he doesn’t want to play football and is “hurting inside and out.”

Felicia Young said in last Wednesday editions of The Tennessean that her son is tired of all the negativity he’s faced after being booed during a 17-10 win over Jacksonville. On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher called police to help find him.

“What would you think if you were tired of being ridiculed and persecuted and talked about and not being treated very well, what would you do? What kind of decision would you make?” Felicia Young said “He may not want to deal with it (all), but you have to get to that point before you make that decision first.

Our society is tough not only on athletes but people in general.

It doesn’t matter if you are a NFL Quarterback or a trash man just doing the very best job you can, you will be ridiculed and talked about.

As a superintendent, I must have very thick skin. The decisions I make always makes someone happy and someone upset. I often think that you can live some place too long. Ever think about where you can shop? What store I am welcomed in? What group I can talk to at a game or activity? I sometimes have to think about that. Many times I think, “who haven’t I upset in this town?”

But then I think about what Christ went through during his brief ministry here on earth. I haven’t been beaten (physically), haven’t been spat upon (yet), I haven’t been crucified on a tree in humiliation and shame. My shoulders can get a little bigger when I think about what my Savior went through for me…………..

No comments:

Christmas 2018 in Las Vegas and Texas